- Indirect questions introduction
- Jigsaw reading exercise & writing summaries
- Student presentation number 1!!!!!
- Guess the emotion
Indirect vs Direct questions
- general grammar revision: New English File Advanced Online – grammar games & tests
- Memory test + text builder
- general grammar revision: Headway Upper-Intermediate Online
Indirect questions role-play
work in a group of 3.
Five very expensive paintings by Picasso, Michelangelo, Rembrant and Warhol have been stolen. Two detectives are going to interview the director of the art gallery about the incident.
One of the detectives is a ‘good cop’ and does not want to upset the famous director, the other detective is the ‘bad cop’ and doesn’t care. The bad cop leads the interview and asks direct questions. The good cop will then re-phrase every question as an indirect question.
At the end – the 2 cops decide if they think the director is guilty or not.