Level 2 Group 3 – Reasons:
- To speak to the GP and others without an interpreter
- To go to higher education – to have a better future, to get a better job
- talk and chat with neighbours, people who live in the UK – including other students
- to help solve day-to-day problems
- to feel confident
- to teach your children to speak English
- to understand written communication
- to discover and enjoy British culture
- to help you travel – English is an international language
- to improve your writing – to be understood and to express your feelings and ideas.
the top 10 ways to learn English
- Attend an English class
- watch movies & TV.
- read books, newspapers and websites.
- use social media – i h8 u. lol. 🙂
- grammar exercises, pronunciation exercises
- Use Canvas – the college’s Virtual Learning Environment
- speak to native speakers and other students in English
- find an English speaking romantic partner
- be confident – be prepared to make mistakes
- teach and learn other languages
proud adjective (SATISFIED)
a daring escape
This is a daring new film (= one willing to risk criticism) by one of our most originalmodern directors.
- He had some mercenary scheme to marry a wealthy widow.
- For such a famous, wealthy man, his personal life was surprisingly simple andordinary.
- As a wealthy businessman, he couldn’t even begin to imagine real poverty.
- The play tells the story of a fabulously wealthy woman who seeks revenge on herheartless seducer.
- A lot of wealthy people have their own personal trainer.