Adverbs of frequency exercises:
Revise rules for adverbs of frequency
Write about an heirloom
Discuss and work in groups to explain present perfect & present perfect continuous
Khalid’s presentation on Global Warming
Write an explanation for how we use the Present Perfect tense:
- Explain the rules, please.
- When do we use it?
- Why don’t we use past simple all the time?
- Can you give examples
- And tell us about any irregular verbs/negative/questions
explanation & games
from time to time
irregularly; now and then; occasionally; sometimes; not predictably. From time to time, I like to go fishing instead of going to work. Bob visits us at our house from time to time.
telepathy noun [ U ]
thoroughly adverb (VERY MUCH)
- All the other teachers are thoroughly disillusioned with their colleague.
- I thoroughly approve of what the government is doing.
- She ought to be thoroughly ashamed of herself – talking to her mother like that!
B2 despite what has just been said or referred to:
as a (general) rule
- Characters in this film are entirely fictitious.
- No working environment is entirely stress-free.
B2 all the time or often:
She has the TV on constantly.
scarcely adverb (ONLY JUST)
C2 almost not: