International Women’s Day jigsaw reading & discussions
read more about International women’s day
% women in parliaments around the world here
Rwandan parliament:Famous women from different countries:
Marjane Sartrapi – writer and artist:
Body language – discussion & reading:
C2 unable to read and write:A surprising percentage of the population is illiterate.
› knowing little or nothing about a particular subject:computer illiterate financially/technologically illiterate
ignorance noun [U]
tolerate verb [T]
on behalf of sb (US also in behalf of sb, on sb’s behalf, US also insb’s behalf)
- The executive of the health workers‘ union accepted the proposedpay increase on behalf of their members.
- He gave what amounted to an apology on behalf of his company.
- What a liberty, to refuse the invitation on your behalf, without evenasking you!
- He’s spending a lot of his time at the moment campaigning on behalf of the Conservative Party.
- The company was set up to buy and sell shares on behalf of investors.
B2 representing:On behalf of the entire company, I would like to thank you for all your work.