1. VOCABULARY: How to use interjections
Interjections! Yay! Hmm? What are they?
How to use lyricstraining.com
• This is a great web-page to practice your listening and spelling.
• Your teacher will tell you what song to choose. There will be no Celine Dion. If you work fast and finish early you can choose your own favourite song lyrics.
Choose from the advanced level to test yourself. Then why not choose Christmas songs:
Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney & Wings
3. Interjections & body language practice
4. how to score points for listening in the exam – practice:
a) How was your weekend?
b) How did you feel when you first came to England?
c) Are you becoming more British? How?
d) If Mark, or another British tourist, like Tallulah, went to YOUR COUNTRY, what culture shock would we experience?
e) What shocked you most? (Don’t talk about the weather!)
5. Adapting to a new culture: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/uk-now/video-uk/settling-uk-student-life
6. CULTURE SHOCK – Polish IT consultant’s account of his experiences of life in the UK: random stuff that baffles me as an immigrant reddit.com post
dozen noun [C], determiner
UK US /ˈdʌz.ən/
barter verb [I or T]
UK /ˈbɑː.tər/ US /ˈbɑːr.t̬ɚ/